I registered for the 5km Strides Vincennes this morning. It was the first time, I usually do the 10km, 5km but I discovered last year and is a distance that I like. Early wake up so he should be on the start line at 9am, but I do not know how I managed, I hung out, and I almost missed the start. But hey, I was in Vincennes held at 8:55. I tried to warm up a bit for two minutes before reaching the starting line. This is obviously totally inadequate on a race as short, but we had to do with it.
It was not hot, just 8 degrees with a slight breeze at the edge of uncomfortable, but I ran in shorts anyway. No problem calf, the race went well physically, although I was not heated at all, which would have probably missed a few seconds and cost. By cons morally I think I lost even more time. When I run in the competition I need to have a benchmark to know where I am in my race. In this race I have had none. There was much mileage on the ground, but it was completely fantastic.
When I arrived at my first mile lap 3m24s5 indicated. For me it is still rapid frankly! When I arrived at the second he showed 5m02s4 more. So it seemed a bit slow, I had the impression of being less than 4.50 meters per kilometer. The third kilometer I expected. After 5 minutes I was not there yet. And when I finally got my lap that I ran showed that kilometer in 8m08! This is frankly very slow! In total I was already on 16m35 3 km, which gave me no hope of finishing the race in a reasonable time. Big floating in my head, what I do, do I continue, do I finish jogging at a slow pace without any effort. I did not force the fourth kilometer, in 4m56s6. No chance to beat my record 22m20 of since I was already 21h31s5. But the end seemed near, and I still put a boost. If I believe my time, I ran the last mile in 2m28s. This is obviously completely impossible!
Finally I finished in 24 minutes, which is my new negative record, the previous being 23m50. This is not catastrophic seen my overall fitness and weather of the day, I'm pretty satisfied. In the general classification I finished 158th out of 399, which is not bad, although in my age group is less glorious (36th of 56).
And then, as I was not more tired than that, I re-donned my jogging, I put my bag on the back, and I followed up on an output of long half past one to go at my current ...
0 comments:
Post a Comment